According to the CDC, COVID-19 cannot survive in properly treated pool and hot tub water. In addition, the World Health Organization states that controlling water quality is necessary to prevent the transmission of infectious diseases
During this crisis it is important that pools and hot tubs be properly maintained because:
- The maintenance of properly sanitized swimming pools and other artificial bodies of water is necessary to prevent the transmission of infectious diseases and help maintain community health.
- Without proper pool maintenance (which includes circulation and treatment of water) various germs which are present in feces — like e. coli — can grow. It can also create a breeding ground for mosquitoes, other pests and the diseases they may carry. This presents a risk not only to bathers but to the entire community at large. Additionally, it is critically important that active inground pool and spa projects be completed. Unfinished projects pose significant public safety risks as potential issues such as cave-ins and pool popping, as well as the dangers posed by an active construction site. And, the impact of long-term exposure to the elements may result in the community health issues noted above.
- As children and families across the country are being asked to reduce outside contact or even shelter at home, and gyms and other public facilities are closing, the backyard pool, spa or hot tub provides a fun way for families to focus on their health and well-being. These pools and hot tubs should be properly maintained by a service professional to ensure proper sanitation measures are taking place.
- Pool maintenance should be performed by an industry professional.
- If you are attempting to treat your own pool, necessary chemicals can be and should be purchased. Please be sure to read the entire label and follow all manufacturer instructions when applying and storing chemicals. Additionally, wear gloves and goggles and store chemicals and material in a safe, secure place.
- Many of the chemicals that retailers sell can also be used for surface disinfection, drinkingwater treatment, and more.
As always, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions. 770-458-9177 or 423-443-2989.